Nyinahini organic cocoa project assists 1.500 cocoa farmers in three year’s time to improve their livelihood.
Among the expected results are to:
• Achieve certified organic and other certification programs (Rainforest Alliance and Fair-trade).
• Train farmers in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and the requirements of organic farming systems.
• Help farmers to achieve 20-30% more income from the cocoa farming.
• Establish Farmer Based Organization, and
• Study Payment for Ecosystem Services and recommendations given.
Contact via Agro-Eco Louis Bolk Institute